2 Garage Door Openers?

• Last Post 15 February 2015
shoffman posted this 07 February 2015

Is there any limitation with the software that would not allow for 2 Linear Garage door openers? I got a second one in today and it's been nothing short of a nightmare trying to get it all working (second one still isn't working yet).

I can add it using the inControl application and it shows as an entryControl device. I switch it to Garage Door and wait...only to find it never detects the tilt sensor nor does the opener respond to open/close commands. I tried removing the device from the software but when I re-open it reappears...so I tried to unjoin it from the network. opener responded like it was removed so I re-added it, then I had two devices. So using the ZenSys tools, I was finally able to remove the bogus nodes, did a reset of teh garage door opener and rejoined it to the network. Every step went fine but the stupid thing doesn't work, the only error in the logfile is this one:
Command COMMANDCLASSBARRIEROPERATOR.BARRIEROPERATORGET failed to node 28
same thing that comes up when I click the exclamation mark.

When I click the open/close buttons the little spinning animation appears, runs for a few seconds, then disappears but the unit never beeps or anything. Here's the error that comes with that command:
2/6/2015 10:23:01 PM: Command COMMAND
CLASSBARRIEROPERATOR.BARRIEROPERATORSET, data: FF failed to node 28
2/6/2015 10:23:03 PM: Attempt #0 to send power command to Secondary Garage Door
2/6/2015 10:23:24 PM: Command COMMANDCLASSBARRIEROPERATOR.BARRIEROPERATORSET, data: FF failed to node 28
2/6/2015 10:23:26 PM: Attempt #1 to send power command to Secondary Garage Door
2/6/2015 10:23:45 PM: Command COMMAND
CLASSBARRIEROPERATOR.BARRIEROPERATORGET failed to node 28
2/6/2015 10:24:05 PM: Command COMMANDCLASSBARRIEROPERATOR.BARRIEROPERATOR_SET, data: FF failed to node 28

Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

shoffman posted this 15 February 2015

Ok, now I am fairly convinced that there is something in the software not playing nice with a second garage door opener.

I returned the first one after going through several motions rounds of support with Linear (changed their name to something else but don't recall what it is) as we both agreed it was a defective unit as there was no other explanation.

I just got my replacement unit and went to set it up following the security device instructions:

Using the software, I went to tools --> Zwave commands --> Add device
When it prompted to press the button on the device to pair I did so and got three confirmation beeps
The software took probably 30 or so seconds to finally say the device was successfully added (that seems strange to me...more on why later)
When the software went back online the device came up as "entry control" which I changed to "garage door opener"
Nearly immediately I started getting errors like : COMMANDCLASSSECURITY.SECURITYCOMMANDSSUPPORTEDGET and COMMANDCLASSMANUFACTURERSPECIFIC.MANUFACTURERSPECIFICGET

sending open or close commands do nothing. At this point the device is probably 3 feet from the PC/controller.

Defeated again I removed the device using the software: tool --> zwave commands --> remove device
When prompted to press the button on the device I do, but it removes almost instantly.

Is no one else trying to control two garage doors with the software? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Close