4.0 Weird Events

• Last Post 26 August 2015
amerh posted this 12 June 2015

Hello,

All was working well on the old 3.6 version.

When i upgraded to v.4, I am seeing weird events under "Events".

1- I see a device events similar to the below, where as in fact the device is on. Note that the device is exactly 1.5 meters from the controller.

Powered off
Powered off
Powered off
Powered on
Powered off
Powered off
Powered off

2- An exclamation on device with error saying "Command expired". Note that this device is right next to the controller.

P.S.: All these behaviors did NOT happen on v.3.6

Appreciate your help.

Thank you,
amer

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
jball posted this 16 August 2015

I'm seeing the same kind of thing. In my events log, I see the controller "powering off" the device about 1-3 minutes after it is turned on via a scene trigger. On the device view, the device shows powered off (icon not lit), but the device still is on.

I'm on 4.0.5640.36169 Pro Edition, running Win7 Pro.

Any idea what's going on?

Update: I just realized I'm seeing a number of these kinds of events, none of which change the actual device status other than the on/off indication (Power button yellow or not) in the "Devices" view. I see both "Powered on" and "Powered off" events in the log, but none of them actually turn the devices on or off.

f0ggy987 posted this 18 August 2015

I am also seeing odd behavior in the 'events' pane:

Most of my scene activations never appear in the event pane.

Are ALL scene activations meant to show up?

Thanks,

jalexander319 posted this 22 August 2015

I was wondering this myself. I am new to incontrol, and started out with 4.x trial, now using 4.0.5640.36169 Pro Edition. I have never seen anything show up under the events section. I have scenes setup with door sensors that from the screenshot here: http://docs.incontrolha.com/home/events , leads me to believe that I should see activity. I suspect that they are aware of the issue and working on it, but I am going to inquire. I might start a new thread with a title specific to the missing events.

rscott posted this 26 August 2015

It's possible what you are seeing is that InControl can't reach the device - or the device doesn't respond to polls (hence the command expired message). Once InControl attempts to reach a device with 10 or so failures in a row, it'll "power off" the device in it's own internal device list.

For these devices that show the command expired, are you able to send regular on/off commands to it via InControl?

Close