Aeon Labs Multisensor.

• Last Post 03 September 2013
n0vtn posted this 03 September 2013

I have an Aeon Labs MultiSensor with the latest firmware 1.18
I am hoping someone can shed some light on this device.
I have it powered via the USB cable.
When I associated it with my Z-Wave network, it showed up three times as devices 5,6, and 7. All three were being detected as "BinarySensor".
I wasn't getting anything from any of them so I changed them all to multilevel sensors.
Now device number 7 is giving me some data, such as temperature, Liminance, and humidity. It is also showing a parameter named only "5". Is that supposed to be motion, battery life or neither? Currently the value is 51 and it really never changes much. The Multisensor is in a room with no motion and it is less than 15 feet from my Z-Stick.
Devices 5 and 6 still appear to do nothing.
So far I am not able to detect motion.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ryan-Scott posted this 03 September 2013

I have an Aeon Labs MultiSensor with the latest firmware 1.18
I am hoping someone can shed some light on this device.
I have it powered via the USB cable.
When I associated it with my Z-Wave network, it showed up three times as devices 5,6, and 7. All three were being detected as "BinarySensor".
I wasn't getting anything from any of them so I changed them all to multilevel sensors.
Now device number 7 is giving me some data, such as temperature, Liminance, and humidity. It is also showing a parameter named only "5". Is that supposed to be motion, battery life or neither? Currently the value is 51 and it really never changes much. The Multisensor is in a room with no motion and it is less than 15 feet from my Z-Stick.
Devices 5 and 6 still appear to do nothing.
So far I am not able to detect motion.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

I can't explain why you ended up with 3 new devices. You might want to use Zentools and exclude/delete them (using the "remove failed" button).

Have you right clicked the device and auto-configured it? That should setup everything you need to get motion events from it. At a minimum, make sure you have it associated to your usb stick (note that this association is different than what you did when you included it into your z-wave network).

I also have a "5" reading and it matches my relative humidity, so I'm guessing it's a duplicate of that. Not sure why the sensor sends it twice though.

n0vtn posted this 03 September 2013

I am not familiar with Zentools, is it part of InControl or is it something I have to download from somewhere?
I deleted the two broken instances of the sensor within InControl but they returned later.
I ran the configure device on the MultiSensor and it seems to be working better. I cannot test the motion sense as I am not there until Saturday.
What type of device should the MultiSensor detect as? BinarySensor or MultiLevelSensor?

Thanks

Ryan-Scott posted this 03 September 2013

I am not familiar with Zentools, is it part of InControl or is it something I have to download from somewhere?
I deleted the two broken instances of the sensor within InControl but they returned later.
I ran the configure device on the MultiSensor and it seems to be working better. I cannot test the motion sense as I am not there until Saturday.
What type of device should the MultiSensor detect as? BinarySensor or MultiLevelSensor?

Thanks

It's a 3rd party tool that has some handy features. It's available in my signature. If you don't remove it from the USB stick it'll continue to come back - zentools is what will help you take care of it.

The motion sensor will work both as a BinarySensor or as a MotionSensor.

Close