Aeon Labs Multisensor

• Last Post 21 January 2015
lpschreck posted this 20 January 2015

I am having an issue with my multisensor(s). The motion detection is no longer reporting. It flashes like is detecting motion, but never reports in.

I have tried excluding, updating the firmware but nothing seems to helps. The other built-in sensors seem to be reporting in just fine.

Autoconfigure seems to work most of the time and the association is correct. I thought it might have a bad sensor so I picked up another one and it is doing the same thing.

I don't know if it is related, but it seems to have started around the time I upgraded to 4.0.5489. I tried going back to 3.157, but it didn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
weidnerj posted this 20 January 2015

Did you check the batteries? Or you might try to take the batteries out and let it reset itself.

I left the batteries out for a little over a day between testing. Do you know how long it takes to reset?

Tried 2 sets of batteries.

I even tried testing it while powered with USB. It included correctly but still did not update the motion.

Thank you.

weidnerj posted this 20 January 2015

Have you updated to the latest firmware version on the 4 in 1 sensor? You have to connect using the USB cable to update the firmware.

Yes, the newest I could find was 1.8 http://aeotec.com/z-wave-sensor/1270-multisensor-firmware.html

At first I even tried not updating the firmware as a test with the new one (second one) just in case. Since I update the firmware on my first one before I included it for the very first time.

Even with the updated firmware on the second one it hasn't helped.

Ryan-Scott posted this 20 January 2015

Yes, the newest I could find was 1.8 http://aeotec.com/z-wave-sensor/1270-multisensor-firmware.html

At first I even tried not updating the firmware as a test with the new one (second one) just in case. Since I update the firmware on my first one before I included it for the very first time.

Even with the updated firmware on the second one it hasn't helped.

Can you grab the zentools (link in my signature) and do a test to see if the sensor is sending data? You'll see it in the logs and it will come in as a "BASIC_SET" with a data value of "FF" (for motion) or "00" for none.

Note that for the sensor, it won't constantly detect motion. It'll detect once, then won't detect again until the "Reset time" happens -- reset time is from 3 to 20 minutes. So if you triggered the motion, then left the room for 2 minutes and walked back in, you would NOT get another motion detection. The room would have to be free of motion in order to reset the sensor before it would trigger again.

lpschreck posted this 21 January 2015

Thank you.

I must having been doing something wrong. I did not see any messages from it in the logs so I removed the association and re-added it.

It is working fine now.

Close