Aeon Labs Smart Switch 6 (ZW096)

• Last Post 08 December 2015
brett.e.baldin@gmail.com posted this 20 November 2015

Aeon Smart Switch 6 works as a Standard Switch in InC but there are some issues. First, the device will erroneously show as powered on every time the polling interval passes. It will alternate between appearing On and Off when the device is actually off. Hopefully this is something that can be addressed in a later version of InC.

The device does not show any of the reporting values until a successful automatic configuration is done. After this the values for Level (99), Red (27), Green (20), and Blue (27) appear. This is also a parameter called Electric which is the total kWh consumed. The Provider ID is METERREPORT1Electric0

If Parameter 101 is changed to 15, the following additional values will appear:

161 Online Voltage METER
REPORT1611610
Electric Amps METERREPORT1Electric1
Electric Watts METER
REPORT1Electric2

Hopefully these can be added to the InC software as well.

Changing Parameter 111 to a different value (600 is default) will change the polling for the Parameter 101 metrics. Note that this will affect the false On State reporting outlined above.

I am having the same issue as you first problem with me GEN 5 4 in 1 sensor. Always reports as 255 for motion sensor but doesn't send (or ICHA doesn't understand) a reset changing the value to 0.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
weidnerj posted this 21 November 2015

Aeon Smart Switch 6 works as a Standard Switch in InC but there are some issues. First, the device will erroneously show as powered on every time the polling interval passes. It will alternate between appearing On and Off when the device is actually off. Hopefully this is something that can be addressed in a later version of InC.

The device does not show any of the reporting values until a successful automatic configuration is done. After this the values for Level (99), Red (27), Green (20), and Blue (27) appear. This is also a parameter called Electric which is the total kWh consumed. The Provider ID is METERREPORT1Electric0

If Parameter 101 is changed to 15, the following additional values will appear:

161 Online Voltage METER
REPORT1611610
Electric Amps METERREPORT1Electric1
Electric Watts METER
REPORT1Electric2

Hopefully these can be added to the InC software as well.

Changing Parameter 111 to a different value (600 is default) will change the polling for the Parameter 101 metrics. Note that this will affect the false On State reporting outlined above.

I am having the same issue as you first problem with me GEN 5 4 in 1 sensor. Always reports as 255 for motion sensor but doesn't send (or ICHA doesn't understand) a reset changing the value to 0.

Hoobie7 posted this 08 December 2015

So, I had the same issue with the device fluctuating between on and off without any actual change.
I reported this issue and Ryan said he ordered the device for testing.
I happened to look at the downloads page today and noticed a new version.
It had a line specific to the device in question: "Enhanced support for Aeon Labs GEN5 sensors and Smart Switch 6", so I gave it a try.
Low and behold version 4.0.5817 fixed it!
Give it a try see how it goes.

Close