Aeotec Range Extender 6 - ZW117-A01

• Last Post 08 December 2018
jalexander319 posted this 04 December 2018

I just got a range extender to try and help eliminate the possibility of issues due to weak batteries for some devices that are located furthest away from the controller. The range extender is an Aeotec Range Extender 6, model ZW117-A01. It was easy to install and setup, but it showed up in Axial as a dimmer. There is no option for a range extender. So, what should I choose for the device in the drop down list? The option for unknown? Does what I choose in the list affect the operaton of the device or how Axial uses it?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
rscott posted this 08 December 2018

You could take a look at the device topology. That will show you which devices can see others (in green). The red line means a device doesn't have direct communication.

jalexander319 posted this 07 December 2018

I love the ability to change the device icons. I made one that is the actual device. Would be cool to have a repository for device images hosted on the website. Just a suggestion. :)

jalexander319 posted this 07 December 2018

Thanks. That's what I was hoping. I think I read that a device should find the range extender eventually, but that you should try to include it in the place where it will be installed. But I wasn't able to do that. Is there any way to verify that a device is using it?

rscott posted this 04 December 2018

You can choose any option, as it won't impact Axial or your zwave network in any way.

Close