Everspring Smoke detector SF813-2

• Last Post 15 September 2015
f0ggy987 posted this 14 September 2015

Hi,

My Everspring smoke detector SF813-2 has included in the network and associated with the controller successfully. It shows up as an "Alarm" device.

I assumed I would be able to control the smoke detector via InControl, but there are no options to set the level either on the devices tab or via a scene.

Is that the correct behavior - It will only trigger via a genuine smoke event? I was hoping I might be able to setup a scene such that if the upstairs/downstairs detector triggers I could automatically sound the other one.

Does that also mean if there is a smoke event the alarm can only be silenced by manually pressing the button on the detector and not via InControl?

I see the device has a "no alarm" checkbox on the devices tab but not sure what that does/how it is meant to work? Clicking it does not seem to check it.

Thanks,

weidnerj posted this 15 September 2015

Hi,

My Everspring smoke detector SF813-2 has included in the network and associated with the controller successfully. It shows up as an "Alarm" device.

I assumed I would be able to control the smoke detector via InControl, but there are no options to set the level either on the devices tab or via a scene.

Is that the correct behavior - It will only trigger via a genuine smoke event? I was hoping I might be able to setup a scene such that if the upstairs/downstairs detector triggers I could automatically sound the other one.

Does that also mean if there is a smoke event the alarm can only be silenced by manually pressing the button on the detector and not via InControl?

I see the device has a "no alarm" checkbox on the devices tab but not sure what that does/how it is meant to work? Clicking it does not seem to check it.

Thanks,

You should be able to create a scene like send an E-mail alert, or set off a dedicated siren, but you won't be able to use Zwave to control a second smoke detector as an alarm.

Close