Foscam FI9804W help with URL captures

• Last Post 23 August 2015
jalexander319 posted this 20 August 2015

I downloaded the zip file from here: https://github.com/rscott78/InControl-Foscam-Controller

I noticed that the FoscamController.cs file in the zip file was different than the one in the webpage window. I managed to muck my way through getting it setup and built in Visual Studio 2010. I didn't change anything. I replaced the dll that was installed with setup, and voila! My camera started showing snapshots in the incontrol GUI.

Now to see if I can get them to record as part of an activated scene.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
jalexander319 posted this 22 August 2015

Well, I think I might have found the problem.
I can see this in AddDevice.xaml.cs...

// If anything is entered for snapshot/mjpg url, use those instead
var snapshotUrl = txtSnapshotUrl.Text;
var mjpegUrl = txtMjpegUrl.Text;

This is where the text you enter in the 'Other MJPEG Camera' tab when adding a camera using the plugin.
Then the code tests what you entered. I don't get any errors, so it should be good. After that I see this...

// If we made it to here, there wasn't any problem detected
var deviceId = base.addDevice(MLS.HA.DeviceController.Common.DeviceProviderTypes.PluginDevice, FoscamController.getControllerName(), MLS.HA.DeviceController.Common.DeviceType.IpCamera, FoscamController.getDeviceName(snapshotUrl, mjpegUrl), "IpCamera");
base.setDeviceMetaData(deviceId, FoscamController.METASNAPSHOTURL, snapshotUrl);
base.setDeviceMetaData(deviceId, FoscamController.METAMJPEGURL, mjpegUrl);

Note where snapshotUrl appears to be assigned to METASNAPSHOTURL.
This seems important, because in the FoscamController.cs file, I see this...

public const string SNAPSHOTURL = "/snapshot.cgi?user={username}&pwd={password}";
public const string META
SNAPSHOTURL = "snapshoturl";

So it appears that whatever you entered as the snapshot URL is irrelevant, as it gets hardcoded to "/snapshot.cgi?user={username}&pwd={password}"

Now, I am no expert, so maybe I am reading this wrong. Hopefully I can find time soon to play around with modifying this and testing it.

jalexander319 posted this 23 August 2015

I downloaded the zip file from here: https://github.com/rscott78/InControl-Foscam-Controller

I noticed that the FoscamController.cs file in the zip file was different than the one in the webpage window. I managed to muck my way through getting it setup and built in Visual Studio 2010. I didn't change anything. I replaced the dll that was installed with setup, and voila! My camera started showing snapshots in the incontrol GUI.

Now to see if I can get them to record as part of an activated scene.

Close