GE 45636 Wall Outlet from Lowe's

• Last Post 23 February 2014
ptoborek posted this 20 February 2014

I've installed a Lowe's GE 45636 Wall outlet and can control it, but cannot poll it or get or set parameters. Plus it shows a red exclamation mark in inControl stating the device cannot be polled. I realize Lowe's touts it as "Works only with Lowe's Iris" however it still bears the ZWAVE logo so I assumed ZWAVE compliance. Should the product work with inControl? Or should I return it and go with a GE 45605 ? I am using latest inControl HA FREE version on Windows 8 with an Aeon Z-Stick V2. I also have some Sonos devices that show up and poll correctly so I'm not convinced its a problem with my configuration. The outlet is about 8 feet or so from the Zstick and like I said I can execute scenes with no prob.

Thanks for any help.
--
Pete

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Axial-User posted this 20 February 2014

For what it is worth, I use one of these and it seems to work fine. I have not tried any of the set parameters though. When I get back in town I'll try and see if I can poll them.
kk

ptoborek posted this 20 February 2014

Cool thanks for the reply!

ptoborek posted this 23 February 2014

Think the outlet is bad. Just bought the GE from Amazon, and it works like a champ. Going to buy another GE and replace the Lowe's and see what happens. I swear, 3 out of 5 products I buy from Lowe's are faulty.

Close