GE Concord 4 security

• Last Post 07 March 2013
brokengeiger posted this 05 March 2013

I have an existing concord 4 alarm system and was curious if it's fairly simple to interface with the inControl software? I'd imagine that the concord would simply interface with the computer that the zstick sits on through USB or serial (correct me if I am wrong), but beyond that is it a matter of a plugin?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ryan-Scott posted this 07 March 2013

I have an existing concord 4 alarm system and was curious if it's fairly simple to interface with the inControl software? I'd imagine that the concord would simply interface with the computer that the zstick sits on through USB or serial (correct me if I am wrong), but beyond that is it a matter of a plugin?

A plugin would be required. Some initial googleing suggests that you need to get a "automation module that uses a four conductor wire and coincides with the keypad bus." Can't say I know what that is, but it's probably an extra piece of hardware. I don't know more than that though without digging in deeper for further info on how the integration works.

brokengeiger posted this 07 March 2013

Yeah just found out there is a module called a superbus 2000 that interfaces with the concord and I can read it using serial. I understand it's a stream of bytes that would need to be parsed. I'm guessing, based on your answer, that I'd be the first to go down this route.

Sounds like your software is open enough to plugins and templates that this shouldn't be a problem. I'll probably pursue a solution then.

Close