InControl HA Version 2.123 (Beta) New Thermostat Features

• Last Post 04 January 2013
Ryan-Scott posted this 29 December 2012

This works a lot better with my CT30 thermostat, but only through my Android S3. I get no updates or polling from inside the windows app and making changes only works sometimes. I've noticed that I get Heating1 and Cooling1 as 0 if I click on another device and back to the thermostat. Also, I'm not sure if it matters, but the Last communication always shows as 1/1/2000.

As for the android app, when I select system modes I can't see the text and have to guess because the font color is the same as the background (white). I'm not sure if it's because I didn't remove the old app, or if I've changed a setting within my phone.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
wyld posted this 30 December 2012

I get a "Unfortunately, InControl HA has stopped." when I try to launch the Android app.

Also, I'm not seeing anywhere in the InControl UI to set the Econ mode setpoints. Many versions ago EconHeat and EconCool would show up right below Heating1 and Cooling1. Do I need to change the system mode to set these?

invaliduser posted this 31 December 2012

Haven't been able to create a new rule since the previous Beta.

12/31/2012 12:38:28 PM: Error - System.Data.UpdateException
An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.
An error occurred while preparing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.
at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter)
at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityAdapter.Update(IEntityStateManager entityCache)
at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options)
at MLS.ZWave.Data.Rules.saveRule(Nullable1 ruleId, String ruleName, String description, Boolean enabled, Boolean enableLogging, String scriptName, Int32 triggerTypeId)<br> at MLS.ZWave.WCFService.ZWaveSVC.saveRule(String password, Nullable1 ruleId, String ruleName, String description, Boolean enabled, Boolean enableLogging, String scriptName, Int32 triggerTypeId) in z:\work\mls\MLS.ZWave.Controller\MLS.ZWave.WCFService\ZWaveSVC.cs:line 2015

Ryan-Scott posted this 01 January 2013

Haven't been able to create a new rule since the previous Beta.

12/31/2012 12:38:28 PM: Error - System.Data.UpdateException
An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.
An error occurred while preparing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.
at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter)
at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityAdapter.Update(IEntityStateManager entityCache)
at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options)
at MLS.ZWave.Data.Rules.saveRule(Nullable1 ruleId, String ruleName, String description, Boolean enabled, Boolean enableLogging, String scriptName, Int32 triggerTypeId)<br> at MLS.ZWave.WCFService.ZWaveSVC.saveRule(String password, Nullable1 ruleId, String ruleName, String description, Boolean enabled, Boolean enableLogging, String scriptName, Int32 triggerTypeId) in z:\work\mls\MLS.ZWave.Controller\MLS.ZWave.WCFService\ZWaveSVC.cs:line 2015

Check out this thread for an update and fix to this problem.

Ryan-Scott posted this 01 January 2013

I get a "Unfortunately, InControl HA has stopped." when I try to launch the Android app.

Please re-download the APK from this thread to get the fix for the crash.

rlwinchester@gmail.com posted this 04 January 2013

This works a lot better with my CT30 thermostat, but only through my Android S3. I get no updates or polling from inside the windows app and making changes only works sometimes. I've noticed that I get Heating1 and Cooling1 as 0 if I click on another device and back to the thermostat. Also, I'm not sure if it matters, but the Last communication always shows as 1/1/2000.

As for the android app, when I select system modes I can't see the text and have to guess because the font color is the same as the background (white). I'm not sure if it's because I didn't remove the old app, or if I've changed a setting within my phone.

Close