Ryan-Scott posted this 01 January 2013

Rules issue fixed.
Thanks Scott.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
invaliduser posted this 01 January 2013

Rules issue fixed.
Thanks Scott.

rlwinchester@gmail.com posted this 04 January 2013

After updating to this I lost all control of my CT30 thermostat... Showing 0 degrees and no Heating1 or Cooling1 appears.

pnorms@gmail.com posted this 03 February 2013

Has the issue with CT30 not returning Temp and taking setting been resolved?

I am running ThinkStick firmware ver. 4.3 and inControl HA 2.134.4760.16829 Pro.

I have tried several different firmwares on the thinkstick, the beta controller and removing / readding the device several times. I purchased the software after testing with lights but was not able to use the thermostat in eval mode.

Additionally I have a water detector / temp device (Fortrezz WWA01AA USB) device with is recognized but does not return any value in HA server / android app.

These device work with the Think Center software but not incontrol. I look foward to resolving these issues please find the end of my log below.

Thank you,
Patrick

2/2/2013 10:34:47 PM: Error polling device level. NodeId 3 - ControlThink.ZWave.CommandTimeoutException
The command timed out before a response was received.

at ControlThink.ZWave.Devices.ZWaveDevice.BasicGet(l instance, Boolean isBackgroundRequest)
at ControlThink.ZWave.Devices.ZWaveDevice.GetLevel(Boolean isBackgroundRequest)
at ControlThink.ZWave.Devices.ZWaveDevice.GetLevel()
at ControlThink.ZWave.Devices.ZWaveDevice.get
Level()
at MLS.HA.DeviceController.Controllers.HaZWaveController.pollDevices() in z:\work\mls\MLS.ZWave.Controller\MLS.HA.DeviceController\Controllers\HaZWaveController.cs:line 276
2/2/2013 10:34:49 PM: Error polling device level. NodeId 4 - ControlThink.ZWave.CommandTimeoutException

at ControlThink.ZWave.Devices.ZWaveDevice.BasicGet(l instance, Boolean isBackgroundRequest)
Level()
at MLS.HA.DeviceController.Controllers.HaZWaveController.pollDevices() in z:\work\mls\MLS.ZWave.Controller\MLS.HA.DeviceController\Controllers\HaZWaveController.cs:line 276
2/2/2013 10:34:53 PM: Unable to query temp from device 7: The device did not respond.
2/2/2013 10:35:10 PM: Error during Thermostat query and setup:The device did not respond.
2/2/2013 10:35:40 PM: ZWave Device Count: 6
2/2/2013 10:35:42 PM: Error polling device level. NodeId 2 - ControlThink.ZWave.CommandTimeoutException

Level()
2/2/2013 10:35:44 PM: Error polling device level. NodeId 3 - ControlThink.ZWave.CommandTimeoutException

Level()
2/2/2013 10:35:46 PM: Error polling device level. NodeId 4 -

Ryan-Scott posted this 03 February 2013

Has the issue with CT30 not returning Temp and taking setting been resolved?

I am running ThinkStick firmware ver. 4.3 and inControl HA 2.134.4760.16829 Pro.

I have tried several different firmwares on the thinkstick, the beta controller and removing / readding the device several times. I purchased the software after testing with lights but was not able to use the thermostat in eval mode.

Additionally I have a water detector / temp device (Fortrezz WWA01AA USB) device with is recognized but does not return any value in HA server / android app.

These device work with the Think Center software but not incontrol. I look foward to resolving these issues please find the end of my log below.

2/2/2013 10:34:47 PM: Error polling device level. NodeId 3 - ControlThink.ZWave.CommandTimeoutException

A few things to consider... the ThinkStick is old and outdated; the manufacture is no longer providing updates to it, so it's fallen behind in the z-wave technology. Because of this, the "Beta Z-Wave Controller" won't ever work with it, so you'll miss out on some of the advanced features of some items -- particularly locks and some thermostats (the CT30 might be one of them).

Also, with the fortrezz device, you might need to use the associate button to link it to your USB stick.

In the end, I'd recommend you upgrade to an Aeon Labs USB stick to get the best support inside InControl.

rlwinchester@gmail.com posted this 03 February 2013

I have the Aeon stick and still cannot get my CT30 to work well... Hoping for an update soon.

Ryan-Scott posted this 03 February 2013

I have the Aeon stick and still cannot get my CT30 to work well... Hoping for an update soon.

Can you start a new topic for your CT30 in the support forum? Please include if you are running on battery power or not; what version of InControl and if you are using the beta controller or not.

Close