Issues controlling Schlage Connect deadbolt with InControl Pro Trial and Aeon Labs Series 2 USB stick

• Last Post 22 February 2016
Kaimana posted this 20 February 2016

Generally speaking, if you use InControl -- in this case, "Network Wide" inclusion works best -- to add the device, then it'll automatically perform the auto configuration step for you.

It sounds like you are able to lock/unlock now. The existing codes won't come in -- in fact, most locks reset the codes when the lock is included into a new network. If you want the codes, you can try to 'set' them again, that way InControl will know what they are.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
weidnerj posted this 21 February 2016

[quote=Kaimana]This is my model of Schlage Connect deadbolt: FBE469NX

This is my USB controller: Aeon Labs DSA02203-ZWUS Z-Wave Z-Stick Series 2 USB Dongle

I am running InControl HA version 4.0.5852.26628 and using the 30 day pro version trial.

I followed this guide: http://www.incontrolha.com/recipes/recipe/18

The "Use Beta Z-Wave Controller" option is on. (It was on by default, but I still restarted after unchecking and then checking it again).

I added the lock by going to Tools/Z-Wave Commands/Include Device (the guide says it should say "Add" but I'm assuming its the same option, just with different wording in a newer version of InControl). There is also an option for "Include Device (Network Wide)" that I tried just in case it made a difference.

So I use Include Device, then do the steps on the lock to enroll it in a Z-Wave network, the InControl server software sees it, it shows up in devices, it polls, but I can't actually DO anything. Lock and Unlock both don't work. I can't do anything with codes.

I'm really not sure what else to try or do.[/quote]

Did you do an auto configure after you did the included (added) the lock by right mouse on the object within ICHA? When you do that it should say "successful". With battery devices like a lock, auto configure has to be done right after the include button on the door lock has been pressed. Then I do a "force poll" afterwards. I usually can do this all in one step, add, auto configure and force poll before the lock zwave listening mode stops.

Kaimana posted this 21 February 2016

I hadn't done that (since it wasn't in the guide I was following). I did try doing auto-configure, but not while the device was in Z-Wave configuration mode. I had some issues trying to do it the same try as enrolling it (it wouldn't show up in IC until I restarted IC, so it was hard to right click on it and choose to auto-configure). But, I just put it into the Z-Wave configuration mode a second time, did auto-configure (and did some sprinting between desktop and front door), and now it can at the very least lock and unlock the door. Doesn't seem to want to pull the currently configured codes but that seems to be an issue other people are having with this same lock.

weidnerj posted this 21 February 2016

I have tight VNC remote control on my IHCA server, and use my laptop so I don't have to run like you did. Believe that VNC supports android tablets too. Just something to thing about in case you have to do it again.

rscott posted this 22 February 2016

Generally speaking, if you use InControl -- in this case, "Network Wide" inclusion works best -- to add the device, then it'll automatically perform the auto configuration step for you.

It sounds like you are able to lock/unlock now. The existing codes won't come in -- in fact, most locks reset the codes when the lock is included into a new network. If you want the codes, you can try to 'set' them again, that way InControl will know what they are.

Close