LFM-20 for Garage Door Operation

• Last Post 01 February 2014
southal523 posted this 31 January 2014

I just installed the LFM-20 for the operation of my garage door. It shows up as a standard switch. Is that the normal way to use it? Just thought I would ask. It works fine I just see it as an light ON when garage door is shut.

Yes, that's normal. If you want you can reclassify it as an outlet, but in the end, the functionality is the same.

As far as it showing the light is "ON" - in a normal scenario, if your LFM-20 relay is powered, then you won't be able to activate your garage from other switches. Of course, this is only true if you wired your LFM-20 up in parallel with your standard garage door opener switch. This is a problem that you can fix by setting the "Auto toggle off" feature inside InControl. I have mine set to toggle off after 3 seconds.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ryan-Scott posted this 31 January 2014

I just installed the LFM-20 for the operation of my garage door. It shows up as a standard switch. Is that the normal way to use it? Just thought I would ask. It works fine I just see it as an light ON when garage door is shut.

Yes, that's normal. If you want you can reclassify it as an outlet, but in the end, the functionality is the same.

As far as it showing the light is "ON" - in a normal scenario, if your LFM-20 relay is powered, then you won't be able to activate your garage from other switches. Of course, this is only true if you wired your LFM-20 up in parallel with your standard garage door opener switch. This is a problem that you can fix by setting the "Auto toggle off" feature inside InControl. I have mine set to toggle off after 3 seconds.

southal523 posted this 01 February 2014

Thanks Ryan! This is going to be helpful since I didn't tell my wife about the new gadget and she had to open the garage door manually.

Close