Sonos

• Last Post 16 September 2015
Dignan17 posted this 14 September 2015

Hello there! I'm thinking of taking another shot at using IncontrolHA.

With Sonos, is it possible to create scenes that will play certain music? I gather there's ways to make it play sounds, like to say what scene is running, but what if I just want to play a certain kind of music when a certain scene is run. Lets say I have a scene called "chill party," I could have all the lights in the house dim to a nice atmospheric level, then have some R&B playing from the Sonos. Is that possible?

You can capture the current Sonos "playlist" item and re-play it. This should work for things like Pandoara radio stations, Google play, or actual play list items. Give us a shout at our ticket system if you need any extra help or details on how it works.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
rscott posted this 15 September 2015

Hello there! I'm thinking of taking another shot at using IncontrolHA.

With Sonos, is it possible to create scenes that will play certain music? I gather there's ways to make it play sounds, like to say what scene is running, but what if I just want to play a certain kind of music when a certain scene is run. Lets say I have a scene called "chill party," I could have all the lights in the house dim to a nice atmospheric level, then have some R&B playing from the Sonos. Is that possible?

You can capture the current Sonos "playlist" item and re-play it. This should work for things like Pandoara radio stations, Google play, or actual play list items. Give us a shout at our ticket system if you need any extra help or details on how it works.

Dignan17 posted this 16 September 2015

So it'll capture a playlist and play it back even if I've gone on to play other things? That's fine with me, I think. I'm hoping that internet radio stations would work too.

Very nice. Thanks for the info.

Close