Unable to add GoControl FS20Z-1 relay

• Last Post 20 September 2016
axial@thewoodscc.com posted this 18 September 2016

I purchased a GoControl FS20Z-1 relay to control my air compressor. I hooked it up correctly and when I press the button it does what it is suppose to, but I don't seem to be able to add it to my z-wave controller. I know that it says the neutral has to be connected, and it is, but my wireing in my shop is a bit screwy and if the neutral is used for signaling some how then it might not be working in that way. The relay is right next to a Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS receptical switch (and that is working correctly). If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. 

Things I've tried:

Updated to server 4.1.5994

Upgraded the firmware of the Aeon Labs Z-stick Series 2 to the newest version as of 9/18/2016

Tried multiple resets on the relay (hit the button 3 times and then hold)

Thank you for your time.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
cowinger posted this 19 September 2016

One of the things I do for every device I get is to do a "remove" or "exclude" right off the bat. Sometimes that particular device may have been used by the manufacturer as a test unit and may have to be cleared of the home and node id's. If you put the controller in "remove device" mode and tap 3 times and then press and hold and that should remove it. You can then try to re-include it by putting the controller in "include" mode and tap the button once. Be sure to have the device installed where you will use it before you include it again.

Hope this helps.

axial@thewoodscc.com posted this 20 September 2016

Does it matter what state the device is in when pressing the buttons to reset it? Meaning if I start in a state of the device being off does that matter? Same with including it into the network?

cowinger posted this 20 September 2016

The state of the device does not matter. If it is because it seems right then start with it in the off state for each step of excluding and re-including. Just make sure to have it installed where you will use it, this is very important. It correctly establishes it's place in the mesh network.

axial@thewoodscc.com posted this 20 September 2016

I'll give this a try this week and let you know either way. Thank you for the help (specially the "remove device" part. Hopefully this gets me going:)

Close