Version 3.30

• Last Post 27 January 2014
Ryan-Scott posted this 28 August 2013

Ok, so what am I doing wrong when trying to add my WeMo switch? Ive had it for a few months, and it's been working great with the app for it on my phone and iPad. Today got InControl registered for the Pro version as I primarily want to use it to remotely control my two Kwikset Smart door locks, which Ive got mostly configured (the pin codes setting from InControl seems to not be functioning, so had to reprogram the pin codes on the locks themselves, and one of my locks is further away from my computer with the Z-stick plugged in and running IC HA, so it doesn't seem to talk to it after i removed it and put it next to the computer to get it added to the network... thats another subject). Well anyway, so trying the installation instructions listed at http://store.incontrolzwave.com/wemo-plugin to get the WeMo plug I got today too to work, and it doesn't seem to do anything. The instructions aren't very clear. Ive purchased the plugin, unzipped the files in the appropriate directory, gone offline and quit IC, restarted IC. WeMo Switch was setup long ago with the instructions from Belkin and working great, Ive been controlling it from it's WeMo app since I first put it in, relaunching IC doesn't make it or anything else automatically pop up. I do see there is now under the plugins on the menu bar an InControl Virtual Device option, but even manually trying to add under the virtual device option yields unsuccessful results. So what else needs to be done?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ryan-Scott posted this 27 January 2014

What was the outcome here? I am having the same issues. I can add a Wemo wall switch and outlet, they may work for a day or so and then seem to lose connection.

Do you add them manually using the IP address or does InControl auto-discover them? What do you have to do to get your connection back to your switches?

If you manually add the device, you may need to make sure the IP address is static -- most routers have a setting that allows you to make stick IP addresses based on the MAC address. It might help in this case.

bratcliff7 posted this 25 January 2014

What was the outcome here? I am having the same issues. I can add a Wemo wall switch and outlet, they may work for a day or so and then seem to lose connection.

SicSpiderz posted this 29 October 2013

Sure, will do.

rscott posted this 28 October 2013

Would you use the contact us page to send us your log file.txt?

SicSpiderz posted this 28 October 2013

Ran that, did that that, still no joy. The two new .dll's are in the correct directory but nothing auto pops up. Any further suggestions?

Ryan-Scott posted this 27 October 2013

Ok, so what am I doing wrong when trying to add my WeMo switch? Ive had it for a few months, and it's been working great with the app for it on my phone and iPad. Today got InControl registered for the Pro version as I primarily want to use it to remotely control my two Kwikset Smart door locks, which Ive got mostly configured (the pin codes setting from InControl seems to not be functioning, so had to reprogram the pin codes on the locks themselves, and one of my locks is further away from my computer with the Z-stick plugged in and running IC HA, so it doesn't seem to talk to it after i removed it and put it next to the computer to get it added to the network... thats another subject). Well anyway, so trying the installation instructions listed at http://store.incontrolzwave.com/wemo-plugin to get the WeMo plug I got today too to work, and it doesn't seem to do anything. The instructions aren't very clear. Ive purchased the plugin, unzipped the files in the appropriate directory, gone offline and quit IC, restarted IC. WeMo Switch was setup long ago with the instructions from Belkin and working great, Ive been controlling it from it's WeMo app since I first put it in, relaunching IC doesn't make it or anything else automatically pop up. I do see there is now under the plugins on the menu bar an InControl Virtual Device option, but even manually trying to add under the virtual device option yields unsuccessful results. So what else needs to be done?

There should be a .EXE file. Run that and point it at your InControl installation folder. When it finishes, you should have a new DLL file (or two) in the plugins subfolder where you have InControl installed. After a restart it should pick up your WeMo devices and show them inside InControl.

SicSpiderz posted this 27 October 2013

Close