X-10 plug-in with CM19a

• Last Post 29 January 2016
dan.lieser posted this 29 January 2016

Hello,

I am new to InControl but have been using X-10 devices for years. I am starting to phase-in Zwave to my set-up to replace unreliable X-10 equipment or as X-10 modules fail. I am running the thirty day free trial of InControl and wanting to control X-10 devices with the USB CM19a Firecracker. I have downloaded the X-10 plug-in but in attempting to configure it, it expects the X-10 controller to be on a COM port. Is there any way to make this plug-in work with the CM19a? Or do I have to get the CM17a serial port version Firecracker with a Serial/USB cable and driver?

Dan

rscott posted this 29 January 2016

Hello,

I am new to InControl but have been using X-10 devices for years. I am starting to phase-in Zwave to my set-up to replace unreliable X-10 equipment or as X-10 modules fail. I am running the thirty day free trial of InControl and wanting to control X-10 devices with the USB CM19a Firecracker. I have downloaded the X-10 plug-in but in attempting to configure it, it expects the X-10 controller to be on a COM port. Is there any way to make this plug-in work with the CM19a? Or do I have to get the CM17a serial port version Firecracker with a Serial/USB cable and driver?

Dan

Hi Dan -

One of our InControl users graciously supplied the x-10 plugin. As such, I can't answer the question directly for you. Hopefully he'll be monitoring this and will chime in. However, I suspect you'll be limited to using just a serial port in your setup.

Close