Yale Real Living Lock ( YRD220-ZW ) - Initial state on server startup

• Last Post 27 August 2015
f0ggy987 posted this 07 August 2015

Hi,

I just got this lock setup and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to get working with InControl.

One curiosity I've noticed though is that after a server restart, InControl reports the lock is an 'unlocked' state, even when it is locked.

I'm guessing here, but perhaps it is because InControl is relying on notifications from the lock as opposed to polling? So on initial startup InControl hasn't received any notifications from the lock, so reports a default state?

Maybe a one-time poll needs to be added to the program logic for startup? I'd like to avoid turning on polling in the options since it will deplete the batteries faster and isn't required 99% of the time.

Thanks in advance

rscott posted this 27 August 2015

Hi,

I just got this lock setup and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to get working with InControl.

One curiosity I've noticed though is that after a server restart, InControl reports the lock is an 'unlocked' state, even when it is locked.

I'm guessing here, but perhaps it is because InControl is relying on notifications from the lock as opposed to polling? So on initial startup InControl hasn't received any notifications from the lock, so reports a default state?

Maybe a one-time poll needs to be added to the program logic for startup? I'd like to avoid turning on polling in the options since it will deplete the batteries faster and isn't required 99% of the time.

Thanks in advance

You are correct, it does need a poll at startup. What I've done at my home is use a poll value of 86400000 so that it only polls once per 24-hour period. You can go higher or smaller if you want, but this is typically the solution to get that initial poll in.

Close