Z Stick S2 not installing on Windows 8

• Last Post 16 January 2015
contino posted this 28 February 2014

Hi,
Hope someone can help. I have tried installing the Aeon Z Stick Version 2 to my Windows 8 computer and am not having any luck. The InConrol HA Server is unable to find it. In device manager (which does NOT show COM ports), I see it with a yellow ! mark. I've tried installing the latest firmware but no luck.

Is it compatible with Windows 8 and if so, any ideas on a workaround?

Thanks!
Carl

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ryan-Scott posted this 28 February 2014

Hi,
Hope someone can help. I have tried installing the Aeon Z Stick Version 2 to my Windows 8 computer and am not having any luck. The InConrol HA Server is unable to find it. In device manager (which does NOT show COM ports), I see it with a yellow ! mark. I've tried installing the latest firmware but no luck.

Is it compatible with Windows 8 and if so, any ideas on a workaround?

Thanks!
Carl

This should help - you likely need to install some drivers. Here's a guide.

darrenreynolds posted this 16 January 2015

I have the same problem, has anyone found a solution? The problem with the link to the guide provided is the first thing it says to do is open COM ports, which as started "we" don't see in device manager...

Ryan-Scott posted this 16 January 2015

I have the same problem, has anyone found a solution? The problem with the link to the guide provided is the first thing it says to do is open COM ports, which as started "we" don't see in device manager...

Also note that the guide states "If you don't see item #2 or #3 (the COM port section), then you probably need to install drivers for your USB stick." Those drivers are linked in the guide, towards the bottom of the list.

The Z-stick definitely works on Windows 8; once you install those drivers, you should start to see your z-stick show up in the COM list.

Hope this helps!

Ryan

Close