Version 3.88 ALPHA: Multi-channel and preserved virtual device state

• Last Post 11 May 2014
Ryan-Scott posted this 29 January 2014

I had a similar issue. You need to take Incontrol Offline and Online again and it should work as expected after that.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
monkey-magic posted this 29 January 2014

I'm on the alpha,

No MC devices yet (have to buy some later) except an appliance control that has energy monitoring. Will try to get it going.

http://www.smartliving.com.au/home-automation/z-wave-in-line-switch.html

Do have multiple virtual devices.

Win 7

Josh

monkey-magic posted this 29 January 2014

Is MC only for power devices?

The item I linked above supposedly does energy monitoring.
In InControl it shows up as a Light Control and there is no option to break out the device to monitor the energy consumption.

Josh

Axial-User posted this 30 January 2014

I'm running 3.82a, I'll install 3.88 tonight.

From Josh's comment I'll also ask, can InControl log the data of Z-wave devices that have built it energy monitoring besides having a dedicated Z-wave energy monitor device?

This is the MC device that I use that support energy monitoring - http://www.smartliving.com.au/home-automation/lighting-control/z-wave-aeotec-2nd-edition-micro-double-smart-switch.html

Ryan-Scott posted this 30 January 2014

MC - is typically for devices that have multiple control points built into it. For example, Aeon Labs recently released their smart power strip where 4 of the 6 sockets can be controlled independently of the rest.

As for energy readings and other sensor values, those are typically handled with z-wave reporting, which is already built into InControl. However, most devices do not come pre-configured to send their reports... instead, they selfishly horde them and tell no one about the power being used. You'll likely need to do two things: 1) Associate the device with your USB stick and 2) Use the "Params" button to configure the device to send reports. This is a trickier one because you'll have to Google around and figure out what params need to be changed.

P.S. This has got me thinking about creating a forum specifically for these special configurations. I'll do that after this post - the idea is of course to share what you configured on the device so that it can be a help for everyone.

mariusz@gmail.com posted this 31 January 2014

I installed the alpha yesterday and today at 8:15am the service stopped on its own. From the log file it looks like it was the cloud connect that caused it. I don't think that has ever happened to me before.

Axial-User posted this 01 February 2014

Is it just me doing something wrong or does Scene Condition (Device At State Condition for Time Condition) not work?

I previously read that I should use Scenes instead of Rules.

What I've been trying to do it switch off a light once it's been on for X minutes.

Devices: Light I'd like to switch off, set to OFF
Triggers: "Light" change to level 255
Conditions: "Light" has been >= 100 for 1 minutes
I've also tried >= 255, > 0, = 100, = 255

The light stays on after 1 minute.

Only other thing that's made this work is if I don't have any Conditions and I set "Start Delay" under Devices with the time when I want to light to switch off.

monkey-magic posted this 01 February 2014

MC - is typically for devices that have multiple control points built into it. For example, Aeon Labs recently released their smart power strip where 4 of the 6 sockets can be controlled independently of the rest.

As for energy readings and other sensor values, those are typically handled with z-wave reporting, which is already built into InControl. However, most devices do not come pre-configured to send their reports... instead, they selfishly horde them and tell no one about the power being used. You'll likely need to do two things: 1) Associate the device with your USB stick and 2) Use the "Params" button to configure the device to send reports. This is a trickier one because you'll have to Google around and figure out what params need to be changed.

P.S. This has got me thinking about creating a forum specifically for these special configurations. I'll do that after this post - the idea is of course to share what you configured on the device so that it can be a help for everyone.

Where is this params button, I can't for the life of me find it.

Josh

Axial-User posted this 01 February 2014

Where is this params button, I can't for the life of me find it.

Josh

Select your device and the params button is on the bottom right.

Associations | Mirrors | [b]Params[/b] | Delete

n0vtn posted this 01 February 2014

I Installed the new version yesterday. The Virtual devices are indeed retaining their status after a reboot.
Thank You!

I have not noticed any problems with this version. The system as a whole seems to be more responsive than before and distant devices appear to be more willing to report status.

So far it's all good.

Thanks again!
N0VTN

catboxer posted this 01 February 2014

We've released an ALPHA version of InControl. This update has support for multi-channel devices as well as logic that will preserve the virtual device values through a reboot.

Note that it's an alpha version which has a brand new z-wave engine, so you might experience some oddness. Though if you do, please let us know so we can get this build out of alpha and into production.

Grab the latest from our downloads page.

P.S. If you run this version, please let us know by replying here so that we can get a tally of who is using it.

Rules -> Conditions do not work for me on my Pro serial. It keeps asking for registration or upgrade.

Axial-User posted this 02 February 2014

I'm on the Alpha too. I set up the smartpower strip and have one that controls the whole strip and 4 others that work each outlet independently. So far so good. I also set up a sensor for each of the outlets - these are reporting a value of either 0 or 255 depending on whether the power is on or off. How do I get them to display the energy usage? Also noted that the app shows the sensors and I get the set timer option on these. Should the sensors be display only?

Axial-User posted this 02 February 2014

Read your post about changing the device to Energy/Monitor and that gets the display to come up but it's reading as 255 watts per device.

Ryan-Scott posted this 02 February 2014

I'm on the Alpha too. I set up the smartpower strip and have one that controls the whole strip and 4 others that work each outlet independently. So far so good. I also set up a sensor for each of the outlets - these are reporting a value of either 0 or 255 depending on whether the power is on or off. How do I get them to display the energy usage? Also noted that the app shows the sensors and I get the set timer option on these. Should the sensors be display only?

We are still trying to work out the energy readings. Just waiting for some info from Aeon Labs.

NFOtte posted this 02 February 2014

Just upgraded to 3.89.5145.33863, and the "Rules going away" message every time I click on a rule is [b][i]extremely[/i][/b] annoying, especially as I kept having to click "OK" to three messages when I'd flip from Scenes to Rules to check just when exactly I was triggering rules when I was recoding them as scenes. Also, because of the pop-up, I can't delete the rules now that I've recreated them as scenes.

Ryan-Scott posted this 03 February 2014

Also, because of the pop-up, I can't delete the rules now that I've recreated them as scenes.

I suspect that the rules won't delete because they have conditions. If you remove conditions, you should then be able to delete the rule.

NFOtte posted this 03 February 2014

Also, because of the pop-up, I can't delete the rules now that I've recreated them as scenes.

I suspect that the rules won't delete because they have conditions. If you remove conditions, you should then be able to delete the rule.

Ah, that was totally it, thanks! I'd been trying to remove the rules as I recreated them as scenes.

jrichards posted this 04 February 2014

Just installed Version 3.88 over the weekend and will install 3.89 tonight. Will give it a look over and see how it goes.

Thanks,
Jim

Ryan-Scott posted this 05 February 2014

Version 3.90 has been released as an Alpha. Here it here.

Mwyrick posted this 06 February 2014

I am using 3.90.5149.26375 with an Aeon ZStick.

A quick question about Scene conditions, They seem to only get used if the scene is triggered by a trigger and are ignored if the Activate Scene button on the GUI is used or from the IPAD or Android app. Is there away to have them applied when manually activating a scene?

I am trying to create a Garage Door Open scene and only want it to run if the door sensor is reading closed. If it can't check the sensor it will just toggle the door which is not wanted.

A possible work around brings up another question, is there a command I can put in the Pre-script that can abort the scene? This could be used to check the sensor and abort if it is not correct.

- Michael

update:
I did manage to do this using a scene to turn on a virtual button that is a trigger for the real scene and the conditions work. But that is an extra scene and a virtual button needed to pull it off.

Axial-User posted this 06 February 2014

I am using 3.90.5149.26375 with and Aeon ZStick.

A quick question about Scene conditions, They seem to only get used if the scene is triggered by a trigger and are ignored if the Activate Scene button on the GUI is used or from the IPAD or Android app. Is there away to have them applied when manually activating a scene?

I am trying to create a Garage Door Open scene and only want it to run if the door sensor is reading closed. If it can't check the sensor it will just toggle the door which is not wanted.

A work around is another question, is there a command I can put in the Pre-script that can abort the scene? This could be used to check the sensor and abort if it is not correct.

- Michael

I was about to ask a similar thing. To have the ability to Activate Scene which is what it does now and doesnt use triggers/conditions, but another option of another button that actually activates the scene, but it takes into account triggers and conditions configured. Hoping this can be added in the near future.

Also in the scene devices when you add a "Pause" in the scene device can you add an option like a drop down for (ms, sec, min, hour) instead of just a field to type in a value in ms.

Any feed back on this question?

catboxer posted this 09 February 2014

We've released an ALPHA version of InControl. This update has support for multi-channel devices as well as logic that will preserve the virtual device values through a reboot.

Note that it's an alpha version which has a brand new z-wave engine, so you might experience some oddness. Though if you do, please let us know so we can get this build out of alpha and into production.

Grab the latest from our downloads page.

P.S. If you run this version, please let us know by replying here so that we can get a tally of who is using it.

I'm using 3.9 and since I've updated from 3.88 my OFF triggers are not working. Can someone explain Trigger groups? Do I need group 0 to be ON and Group 1 to be OFF? I had the off and on commands in the same group before upgrading. The lights turn ON but not OFF at their respective triggers.

Mwyrick posted this 11 February 2014

Using 3.90.5149.26375

Weather does not seem to work when running as a service. Always returns zero as a temp. Works fine when not running as a service.

Fan device shows highlighted both off and the fan setting, example, off and low are both highlighted. off never seems to be unhighlighted.

Fan device does not show up on IOS app on any page I can find. Shows up as a light on the android app.

Fan device graphic on layout is a light bulb. Would be nice to be a fan.

The fan device is great, much better than just a dimmer as other programs show it. Keep up the good work.

- Michael

n0vtn posted this 16 February 2014

I have run into a problem since upgrading to 3.90.5149.26375 last Saturday.
All 5 of my Aeon Labs Multi-Sensors are misbehaving as motion detectors.
Motion is never cleared.
If I walk in front of the sensor it sees the motion and activates a scene. But the motion never clears so the scene will only work once.
I have tried auto configuring the devices, adjusting parameter 3, power cycling the Multi-sensors, as well as restarting the InControl service, and ultimately the host PC.
I have verified that I am using Beta Z-Wave Controller option too. Oh, and "Heal Network" hasn't helped either.

I have found that I can manually clear the motion by using my iPhone app, if I select the sensor and choose off.
I have not found a way to clear motion from a scene or a rule, if there is a way to do this, please enlighten me, as this would be more versatile than waiting for the sensor to do it on it's own.

Thanks,
N0VTN

Ryan-Scott posted this 16 February 2014

I have run into a problem since upgrading to 3.90.5149.26375 last Saturday.
All 5 of my Aeon Labs Multi-Sensors are misbehaving as motion detectors.
Motion is never cleared.
If I walk in front of the sensor it sees the motion and activates a scene. But the motion never clears so the scene will only work once.
I have tried auto configuring the devices, adjusting parameter 3, power cycling the Multi-sensors, as well as restarting the InControl service, and ultimately the host PC.
I have verified that I am using Beta Z-Wave Controller option too. Oh, and "Heal Network" hasn't helped either.

I have found that I can manually clear the motion by using my iPhone app, if I select the sensor and choose off.
I have not found a way to clear motion from a scene or a rule, if there is a way to do this, please enlighten me, as this would be more versatile than waiting for the sensor to do it on it's own.

Thanks,
N0VTN

Could you fire up the Zensys tools that I have linked in my sig and verify first that the sensors are actually sending the "I'm not seeing motion" command to your USB stick? It'll look like like this:

Received: 075 - BASICSET data: FF
Received: 075 - BASIC
SET data: 00

The "FF" at the end shows that it saw motion and the "00" means that it cleared the motion. You may or may not see "BASIC_SET" - the important part is the very last two digits. Of course, "075" would be the node ID of your motion sensor.

n0vtn posted this 16 February 2014

Where in the Zen Tools do I find this information?
Does it keep a log somewhere? I am not finding any sort of real time monitor.

Ryan-Scott posted this 16 February 2014

Yes, once you've connected to your USB stick there's a log in the lower right hand portion of the screen. Here's how mine looks: http://snag.gy/4WkPk.jpg

mariusz@gmail.com posted this 17 February 2014

I am on 3.91 and added a ZCOMBO Smoke Detector. The inclusion worked fine (shows up as "Alarm") but I cannot get it Auto configured or set association. Is there a trick to that? I wake it up by holding the button and inserting batteries but it fails every time.

Ryan-Scott posted this 17 February 2014

I am on 3.91 and added a ZCOMBO Smoke Detector. The inclusion worked fine (shows up as "Alarm") but I cannot get it Auto configured or set association. Is there a trick to that? I wake it up by holding the button and inserting batteries but it fails every time.

I could never get mine to wake up by performing that procedure. It seems that once it's included, it'll no longer wake up. I had to use InControl to include my ZCOMBO (from the tools menu), which will let it auto configure at the time of inclusion.

mariusz@gmail.com posted this 17 February 2014

I could never get mine to wake up by performing that procedure. It seems that once it's included, it'll no longer wake up. I had to use InControl to include my ZCOMBO (from the tools menu), which will let it auto configure at the time of inclusion.

Thanks, that worked. It sent code "12!" while testing is there anything else that is reports?

n0vtn posted this 17 February 2014

Yes, once you've connected to your USB stick there's a log in the lower right hand portion of the screen. Here's how mine looks: http://snag.gy/4WkPk.jpg

My Log looks a little different but I am not seeing any indication of motion. Also I can't tell which of the 5 Multi Sensors are reporting in.

See Below:

01:50:21.705: SecurityManager.Init 60 24 38 46 16 50 74 C4 80 D9 10 A8 30 5B 90 08
01:50:52.783: Received: COMMANDCLASSBATTERY.BATTERYREPORT, hex data: 80 03 64
01:50:53.067: Received: COMMAND
CLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 03 0A 00 AD
01:50:53.365: Received: COMMANDCLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 05 01 1B 00
01:50:53.670: Received: COMMAND
CLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 01 2A 00 EA
01:53:41.823: Received: COMMANDCLASSBATTERY.BATTERYREPORT, hex data: 80 03 64
01:53:41.885: Received: COMMAND
CLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 03 0A 03 E8
01:53:41.945: Received: COMMANDCLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 05 01 2F 00
01:53:42.006: Received: COMMAND
CLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 01 2A 01 07
01:54:27.805: Received: COMMANDCLASSBATTERY.BATTERYREPORT, hex data: 80 03 64
01:54:27.993: Received: COMMAND
01:54:28.203: Received: COMMANDCLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 05 01 32 00
01:54:28.413: Received: COMMAND
CLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 01 2A 01 08
01:55:52.720: Received: COMMANDCLASSBATTERY.BATTERYREPORT, hex data: 80 03 64
01:55:52.938: Received: COMMAND
CLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 03 0A 00 AE
01:55:53.235: Received: COMMANDCLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 05 01 1B 00
01:55:53.537: Received: COMMAND
CLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 01 2A 00 EA
01:58:41.844: Received: COMMANDCLASSBATTERY.BATTERYREPORT, hex data: 80 03 64
01:58:41.904: Received: COMMAND
01:58:42.052: Received: COMMANDCLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 05 01 2F 00
01:58:42.115: Received: COMMAND
CLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 01 2A 01 09
01:59:27.825: Received: COMMANDCLASSBATTERY.BATTERYREPORT, hex data: 80 03 64
01:59:28.013: Received: COMMAND
01:59:28.223: Received: COMMANDCLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 05 01 32 00
01:59:28.434: Received: COMMAND
CLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 01 2A 01 09
02:00:52.740: Received: COMMANDCLASSBATTERY.BATTERYREPORT, hex data: 80 03 64
02:00:52.958: Received: COMMAND
CLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 03 0A 00 A2
02:00:53.256: Received: COMMANDCLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 05 01 1B 00
02:00:53.558: Received: COMMAND
CLASSSENSORMULTILEVEL.SENSORMULTILEVELREPORT, hex data: 31 05 01 2A 00 EC
02:03:41.863: Received: COMMANDCLASSBATTERY.BAT

Ryan-Scott posted this 17 February 2014

I'm not seeing any reports in that snipped of text you provided. I do see some reports, but those are most likely temperature/humidity and luminosity reports. If I'm reading this correctly, it looks like node 49 is doing the reporting here - is that one of your sensors?

Just to be sure, have you verified that the sensor is indeed associated with the USB stick (click sensor, wake it up, click associations, check USB stick device)?

n0vtn posted this 17 February 2014

My Multi-sensors are nodes 3, 13, 24, 25, and 26. The short Id's are 20, 30, 46, 50 and 51.
You raise and issue I failed to mention in my original post.
Sometimes when I click on associations they are associated with the controller other times they are not. All of these Multi-Sensors are USB powered (no batteries) so if I am reading the manual correctly they should always be awake. I have checked the association box for the controller and I have auto configured still sometimes when I look they are not associated.

Ryan-Scott posted this 18 February 2014

My Multi-sensors are nodes 3, 13, 24, 25, and 26. The short Id's are 20, 30, 46, 50 and 51.
You raise and issue I failed to mention in my original post.
Sometimes when I click on associations they are associated with the controller other times they are not. All of these Multi-Sensors are USB powered (no batteries) so if I am reading the manual correctly they should always be awake. I have checked the association box for the controller and I have auto configured still sometimes when I look they are not associated.

The behavior you describe is common for devices that are outside of optimal communication range with the USB stick. You could try to move it closer... if it's already close, you might try uninstalling the current RC build and installing the official release to see if there's any difference in behavior.

Mwyrick posted this 18 February 2014

Using 3.91.5156.15004

Alarm is set as a DimmerSwitch.

I have a scene called EMail on Arm with a Trigger of "Alarm change to level 33". In the log I have:

2/18/2014 5:59:42 PM: SceneTrigger EMail on Arm: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have found it seems to ignore the "to level 33" section of the trigger. I have a few scenes that should happen at different levels but they all get triggered on any change of the device. Each one will show the above error in the log file. I have to put a condition on the scenes to check the device level to get the desired affect.

- Michael

Mwyrick posted this 18 February 2014

Using 3.91.5156.15004

Alarm is set as a DimmerSwitch.

I have a scene called EMail on Arm with a Trigger of "Alarm change to level 33". In the log I have:

2/18/2014 5:59:42 PM: SceneTrigger EMail on Arm: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have found it seems to ignore the "to level 33" section of the trigger. I have a few scenes that should happen at different levels but they all get triggered on any change of the device. Each one will show the above error in the log file. I have to put a condition on the scenes to check the device level to get the desired affect.

- Michael

After looking into it and debugging the pre-script the Error is happing on the sendemail() call. That does not change that the trigger change to level does not seem to look at the level.

Axial-User posted this 21 February 2014

After installing Version 3.92 RC (release 9) Incontrol no longer detects that the device is down after the device misses several polls. This option was introduced in earlier version to detect that the device is down when the power source is disconnected.

catboxer posted this 21 February 2014

Cloud support is still not being disabled with a blank username and PW. I am on release 8 3.91.xxx and I have set it to blank and it shows connected to cloud in the Incontrol software and my phone can also connect only by cloud.

jjbauer posted this 23 February 2014

I just upgraded to the new version. I love having the option to make a device a fan. However, my iPhone app doesn't have an option for a fan yet. When will that be updated?

Ryan-Scott posted this 05 March 2014

Cloud support is still not being disabled with a blank username and PW. I am on release 8 3.91.xxx and I have set it to blank and it shows connected to cloud in the Incontrol software and my phone can also connect only by cloud.

The latest version should address this. It actually is disabled, but the icon doesn't update to show accurately until version 3.95.

Axial-User posted this 09 March 2014

I have tried Version 3.95.1 RC (release 10) and the option to mark the device as off or unreachable when the power source is disconnected is still not working. The device still shows as ON even though there is no power on it. This really affects the scenes that depends on the status of the device. Version 3.62 works just fine. I would like to know if this is a bug or this option has been removed

Ralf posted this 11 March 2014

Just a heads up that I tried the latest Alpha. It seems to work fine although I can't test multi-channel. The only problem I encountered was that the device auto-config option didn't work when I tried to add a motion sensor to my network. When I reverted back to the previous official version, it worked fine. I raised an official ticket for this issue.

Cheers.

catboxer posted this 19 March 2014

I'm having a strange problem with the Alpha were I've unchecked the "enabled" box for a scene and yet it keeps running away. It's a light that I had coming on at 7pm. I didn't delete the scene, just unchecked the enabled box, and it's still turning on at that time.

ftsikogi posted this 20 March 2014

I had a similar issue. You need to take Incontrol Offline and Online again and it should work as expected after that.

n0vtn posted this 26 March 2014

I am running 3.97 as of today and had been running 3.96 as of one day last week.
I have suddenly been having more difficulty than usual with my Honeywell Thermostat.
I can no longer set the temperature via Z-Wave. It defaults to the schedule setting.
I won't go into detail as to why I have both the Z-Wave and the schedule running unless someone asks.
The thermostat is happily reporting numerous values for heating1, energy heat, energy cool, and current temperature. I have tried changing the setting via my primary controller, secondary controller, via scene, via the device, via my iPhone app and via my Android app, all without success.
I can't be sure where the problem is. Most likely it is just that the thermostat itself has become even more difficult to live with, but it might be related to the upgrades to the InControl software I have been applying to the systems. With that in mind I thought it might be best to report the trouble here.
As a side note on my primary InControl PC the primary Z-Stick is reporting Temperature and Lumenance. It started reporting those values on 3.96 and continues to report them on 3.97. It tells me the temperature is 475 F.

Ralf posted this 08 April 2014

Creating a custom virtual device for temperature ignores the decimal value. So 16.8 degrees is reported in the GUI (phone and console) as 16 only. If you query the value programmatically (eg command line call) its OK.

gmerin posted this 11 May 2014

Close