activate a scene if 1 condition of several conditions is met

• Last Post 15 November 2013
Axial-User posted this 15 November 2013

I am trying with no luck to create a scene to switch the Hot Water device On if device A = 255 OR Device B (virtual device) = 255

I have created a scene named Hot Water On:

- under devices I added the Hot Water device with the On radio button selected
- udder Triggers I have added a time trigger to check every 1 minute
- under conditions I have added device A > 0 and device B = 255 ( I have selected the value for device A > 0 as sometimes the value is 99 and not 255)

What I am expecting from this configuration is to have the Hot Water On is Device A becomes active or by manually switching on virtual device B.

The conditions are actually working as an "AND" so both of them have to be true. If you want to set it up as an "Or" you should do this with two scenes.

You can do some more troubleshooting by enabling the option "Log extra scene data" in tools/options/misc. This will write info about the scene to your logs and tell you why a scene didn't trigger.

rscott posted this 15 November 2013

I am trying with no luck to create a scene to switch the Hot Water device On if device A = 255 OR Device B (virtual device) = 255

I have created a scene named Hot Water On:

- under devices I added the Hot Water device with the On radio button selected
- udder Triggers I have added a time trigger to check every 1 minute
- under conditions I have added device A > 0 and device B = 255 ( I have selected the value for device A > 0 as sometimes the value is 99 and not 255)

What I am expecting from this configuration is to have the Hot Water On is Device A becomes active or by manually switching on virtual device B.

The conditions are actually working as an "AND" so both of them have to be true. If you want to set it up as an "Or" you should do this with two scenes.

You can do some more troubleshooting by enabling the option "Log extra scene data" in tools/options/misc. This will write info about the scene to your logs and tell you why a scene didn't trigger.

Close