Aeon Labs 4 in 1 multisensor

• Last Post 17 October 2013
tmonroe posted this 04 October 2013

Hi,

I am running InControl V 3.35.5014.14447

I am using an Aoen Labs 4 in 1 multisensor. (DSB05-ZWUS)

I have a rule setup which should turn on a light for 5 minutes after motion is detected.

The rule only works once, because the motion detector never resets from the "Tripped/Open" state. If I take In-control offline and put it back online, the sensor resets, but it never resets on its own, so the rule only runs once (unless of course I go offline and back online again).

I have reset my z-wave controller + manually removed every device, and just included the device for the light, and for the motion sensor.

I also decided to run Home Automation on another PC, so I uninstalled it from the original computer, and put it on a system with a fresh OS install.

Also, the motion sensor defaults to "binary Sensor" when detected. It seems to detect motion (the first time at least), but I don't see any means to get any of the other features from the detector. It should be able to detect illumination, humidity and temperature also. If I set it as a multi-level sensor, I don't understand how I am to get any other data from it.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
rscott posted this 04 October 2013

There are a few things to try:

1. Use the beta z-wave controller (tools/options)
2. Auto configure the multi sensor by right clicking the device

One of those should take care of it.

tmonroe posted this 08 October 2013

Between updating the firmware on my controller, using the beta driver, and getting version 3.38 of InControl, this is working now.

Thanks for the quick response.

tmonroe posted this 17 October 2013

I have another question related to the Aeon Labs multisensor and rules.

I have a rule that is a triggered by the multi-sensor on my front porch. It turns the light on when motion is detected.

The rule is set to turn the light on for about 3 minutes, then gradually dim the light.

The first night, I noticed that the light would come on, and then begin to dim, and immediately go back to full brightness. I suspect that since the motion sensor is near the light (small porch) that the dimming of the light is being detected as motion.

I added a condition to the rule to not run unless the light was < 100.="" it="" seems="" to="" run="" correctly,="" with="" the="" added="" bonus="" of="" it="" does="" not="" trigger="" if="" it="" is="" light="">

My first question is whether there is a better way of preventing the dimming of the light from triggering the front porch motion scene. Sometimes when I manually turn the light off, the scene seems to trigger, and the light turns itself back on again.

My second question is: The Aeon Labs multisensor has a light sensor, but the values returned are 0 (dark) to 1000 (light). In the UI of Incontrol, it indicates that 100 is "on". The values of on and off do not seem to be consistent. As I understand, for motion, the values are 0 (no motion) or 255 (motion detected).

Thanks again

tmonroe posted this 17 October 2013

I should add - the condition is set to the light level sensor of the Aeon labs 4 in 1 sensor. (just in case you thought I meant the level of the porchlight itself).

Ryan-Scott posted this 17 October 2013

My first question is whether there is a better way of preventing the dimming of the light from triggering the front porch motion scene. Sometimes when I manually turn the light off, the scene seems to trigger, and the light turns itself back on again.

Does it trigger again because manually turning it off trips the motion sensor? You might could look at using a virtual device too and base conditions on that. For example, maybe when the scene first activates, it also turns on a virtual device that stays on for X minutes/seconds. IF that virtual device is on, then the scene won't activate again.

My second question is: The Aeon Labs multisensor has a light sensor, but the values returned are 0 (dark) to 1000 (light). In the UI of Incontrol, it indicates that 100 is "on". The values of on and off do not seem to be consistent. As I understand, for motion, the values are 0 (no motion) or 255 (motion detected).

Z-wave is build that way for some reason... a dimmer's "full on" value is 100. A switch with no dim, or a motion sensor, has an on value of 255. If you've got a condition on the light value, you should be safe to use 1000 if you need to. InControl merely suggests "100" in some cases because for most people that's correct.

One final tip: "Rules" are the hard way of setting this up. The easy and preferred way is to use scenes with triggers & conditions. I'm not sure which way you actually did it, but just FYI.

Close