Aeon Labs Gen 5 Z Stick Install

• Last Post 16 July 2015
millje posted this 10 June 2015

Has anyone got the Gen 5 Z Stick to work? I ordered one and when I put it in my computer it does not recognize the device. I tried to install the driver and I can not get it to work. I downloaded the driver and followed the instructions to install. It says to right click the file and click on install. When I right click the file there is no option to install so I clicked open and I get a Note pad window with the following.

Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"
ClassGuid={4D36E978-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Provider=%manu%
DriverVer=06/10/2013,0.0.4.0
CatalogFile=uzb.cat
Class=Ports

[Manufacturer]
%manu%=ZComDev, NTx86, NTamd64

[ZComDev.NTx86]
%dev%=ZComInst, USB\VID0658&PID0200

[ZComDev.NTamd64]
%dev%=ZComInst, USB\VID0658&PID0200

[ZComInst]
include=mdmcpq.inf
CopyFiles=FakeModemCopyFileSection
AddReg=LowerFilterAddReg,SerialPropPageAddReg

[ZComInst.Services]
include = mdmcpq.inf
AddService = usbser, 0x00000002, LowerFilterServiceInst

[SerialPropPageAddReg]
HKR,,EnumPropPages32,,"MsPorts.dll,SerialPortPropPageProvider"

[Strings]
manu = "Sigma Designs"
dev = "UZB"
svc = "UZB"

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
rscott posted this 10 June 2015

Has anyone got the Gen 5 Z Stick to work? I ordered one and when I put it in my computer it does not recognize the device. I tried to install the driver and I can not get it to work. I downloaded the driver and followed the instructions to install. It says to right click the file and click on install. When I right click the file there is no option to install so I clicked open and I get a Note pad window with the following.

I was able to right click and install, but do note that you cannot do that while it's inside a ZIP folder. Make sure you extract/copy it to a new folder on your desktop, then you should get the option to install from the INF.

mayo4096 posted this 16 July 2015

I saw the same info and no option to install when I right clicked on the uzb.inf file. I then realized had not extracted the file. Once I extracted the zip file I was able to right click on the uzb.inf file and the install option was now available. Windows explore will allow you to view a zip file without extracting, that was why the install option was not available for the inf file.

Close