Everspring ST814 problems

• Last Post 29 June 2014
arghknork posted this 26 June 2014

I'm a bit new to Z-Wave an InControl and am working with my 30-day trial of the software. So far, I'm impressed with the software.

I bought the Everpring ST814 Temp/Humidity sensor and am having a hard time getting it to work correctly in the software. I have a Z-Stick 2 and have not had trouble including/excluding it, which I've done several times.

My problem is, I can't get the ST814 to show up as anything other than a motion sensor in HA. When I include it, it pops in as a motion sensor but never shows the temp/hum, even after auto configure. Am I missing a step here?

Anyone with advise? Thanks in advance.

Phil

You'll need to configure in a way that's useful to you. Here's a website that shows the different parameters you can use. For example, parameter #7 tells the device to report the temperature after it changes by a certain degree. If you set it to 1 degree, it'll notify InControl any time the temp changes.

Use the "Params" feature inside of InControl to set these values. Note that you'll need to perform the wake up procedure on the device each time you set a param or it'll fail.

Hope this helps.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ryan-Scott posted this 26 June 2014

I'm a bit new to Z-Wave an InControl and am working with my 30-day trial of the software. So far, I'm impressed with the software.

I bought the Everpring ST814 Temp/Humidity sensor and am having a hard time getting it to work correctly in the software. I have a Z-Stick 2 and have not had trouble including/excluding it, which I've done several times.

My problem is, I can't get the ST814 to show up as anything other than a motion sensor in HA. When I include it, it pops in as a motion sensor but never shows the temp/hum, even after auto configure. Am I missing a step here?

Anyone with advise? Thanks in advance.

Phil

You'll need to configure in a way that's useful to you. Here's a website that shows the different parameters you can use. For example, parameter #7 tells the device to report the temperature after it changes by a certain degree. If you set it to 1 degree, it'll notify InControl any time the temp changes.

Use the "Params" feature inside of InControl to set these values. Note that you'll need to perform the wake up procedure on the device each time you set a param or it'll fail.

Hope this helps.

arghknork posted this 29 June 2014

You are so right. Turns out all those parameters default to zero. Setting them to useful values fixed it. Thanks a bunch.

Phil

Close