Intermatic CA5100 to Dim CA600

• Last Post 10 January 2013
Axial-User posted this 02 January 2013

I checked with the manufacturer and the company that I bought the switches from. The manufacturer stated that it is not possible to do dimming with an association. The company I bought them from said that the manufacturer did not include the dimming function in the switch. Either way it looks like it isn't happening.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ryan-Scott posted this 02 January 2013

I have installed and setup a few CA5100s to control my CA600 dimmer switches. I have associated the CA5100 with the CA600. I can use the CA5100 to power on and off the CA600 just fine. When I hold the switch down to dim the CA600 it does not work. From the manual of the device it states:

"Multiple location On/Off & Raise/Lower control when used with Z-wave enabled switches and dimmers."

Is there something in the InControl config that I am missing in order to get the dimming working?

This functionality doesn't require InControl; it's all built into the switch and the remote. Just in case though, can you look at your logfile.txt and see if it shows any "unprocessed" commands?

Axial-User posted this 02 January 2013

Oh, I thought since I set up the association in InControl, that it was what was doing the work behind the scenes. So, I set up the association in InControl, and InControl programs the two switches to work together?

I will check the log when I get home today. Thanks.

Ryan-Scott posted this 02 January 2013

Oh, I thought since I set up the association in InControl, that it was what was doing the work behind the scenes. So, I set up the association in InControl, and InControl programs the two switches to work together?

I will check the log when I get home today. Thanks.

That's correct; InControl simply handles the leg work of telling the switch who it's associated to. You could actually turn InControl off and the functionality of on/off would continue.

Axial-User posted this 10 January 2013

I checked with the manufacturer and the company that I bought the switches from. The manufacturer stated that it is not possible to do dimming with an association. The company I bought them from said that the manufacturer did not include the dimming function in the switch. Either way it looks like it isn't happening.

Close