Rooms

• Last Post 13 November 2014
NickTT posted this 07 December 2013

I used to use the feature to turn on or off all lights in the room. Also made it easier to manage scenes as you could include just the room instead of every individual device. It also makes adding devices a bit easier as you wouldn't have to update every scene if you used the room.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ryan-Scott posted this 10 December 2013

How do you use Rooms?

There used to be a room option in the older apps, but we took that functionality out as we felt it wasn't being used very much by the majority of users.

Do you still have a need for it?

NickTT posted this 10 December 2013

I used to use the feature to turn on or off all lights in the room. Also made it easier to manage scenes as you could include just the room instead of every individual device. It also makes adding devices a bit easier as you wouldn't have to update every scene if you used the room.

jrichards posted this 16 December 2013

I agree I like having the rooms for sorting and managing device location.

Axial-User posted this 15 January 2014

I'm a new customer, love the product. I too was looking for the ability to organize devices by room, I am switching over from X10, and have become used to that option with the various X10 front ends, so I vote for it too.

Thanks,
Andy

SickPup404 posted this 16 January 2014

I'm a new customer, love the product. I too was looking for the ability to organize devices by room, I am switching over from X10, and have become used to that option with the various X10 front ends, so I vote for it too.

Thanks,
Andy

Andy, I also just recently switched from X10 with Home Seer. It takes a little getting used to, but just post with questions - the community here is great and quick to respond!

Ralf posted this 18 May 2014

I think the "rooms" concept is pretty much a given for the majority of home automation solutions out there.

I would like to be able to use rooms to help categorise devices and scenes. It can get a little tedious to navigate both server and phone apps, trying to find what I'm looking for.

I don't recall how the rooms feature used to work in InControl but I propose that the room should be a configurable property on every device and scene. Then, it would be nice to group both scenes and devices by room in the standard tile and list views. I think this would be great.

miguelparada@gmail.com posted this 13 November 2014

I think having the Rooms feature is very useful because it offers the possibility of creating our own custom "Groups" of devices. For example, I would like to group all of my security sensors separately so that I can easily tell when one is open in the mobile app, rather then opening the sensor category then browsing through the list.

I think the feature is worth having just for the extra custom grouping option available.

Close