Schlage RS200HC Motion Detector - Inconsistent Status

• Last Post 27 July 2013
Axial-User posted this 27 July 2013

As I continue to play with the motion detector in scenes and rules. I am having an issue where InControl is not picking up on the status changes of the device. I see the light blink red when entering the room, but InControl does not represent the device as being tripped. Note this is not all the time, just some of the time (which worries me more).

Same problem on the opposite side. After around 4 minutes of being out of the room, it is supposed to go to an "un-tripped" state. It does some of the time, but other times InControl is not catching the status change. If I change InControl to off-line, then back on-line it catches the correct status for the device.

Any thoughts on settings I should adjust?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ryan-Scott posted this 27 July 2013

As I continue to play with the motion detector in scenes and rules. I am having an issue where InControl is not picking up on the status changes of the device. I see the light blink red when entering the room, but InControl does not represent the device as being tripped. Note this is not all the time, just some of the time (which worries me more).

Same problem on the opposite side. After around 4 minutes of being out of the room, it is supposed to go to an "un-tripped" state. It does some of the time, but other times InControl is not catching the status change. If I change InControl to off-line, then back on-line it catches the correct status for the device.

Any thoughts on settings I should adjust?

First - are you able to use the Beta Z-Wave Controller? It requires a USB stick that uses a COM port... you might try switching to that.

Where you say it works sometimes, that kind of makes it sound like either the device has only so-so reception with your USB stick and the change doesn't always get through -- or your motion detector hasn't reset yet. Some of them will detect motion once, then it won't send a motion event again until after a reset period. If your reset period is 4 minutes, then you'd get one motion event but it wouldn't send another motion event for at least 4 minutes and only then if the motion was gone. In other words - if you were in a room for 30 minutes, you'd only get a single motion event for that entire time.

Going offline resets all devices to the 'off' state, which is what you are seeing.

Have you checked this device library for available parameters you can adjust on your motion sensor?

Axial-User posted this 27 July 2013

Thank you for the quick response. I am one room over, so reception should not be an issue. Also, I am using the Aeon Stick Series 2, so the beta controller option is one I can try. So far it seems to be working better (picking up all the right events in InControl). I'll monitor for awhile and post if I have any additional problems.

Close