Thanks for the suggestion! That should work.
Set device level without triggering scenes
- 217 Views
- Last Post 23 March 2016
- Topic Is Solved
rscott posted this 23 March 2016
Is there a way to set the level of a virtual device without causing it to trigger scenes (when it is setup as a trigger on a scene of course)? Something like setDeviceLevel, or another option for it that wouldn't trigger? There are times when I want to update the level of a device to keep it in sync with something else without causing it trigger anything.
This is kind of a goofy workaround, but it'll do for now until we get something else in.
1) Add another virtual device; call it 'NoTrigger'
2) Add a condition to your scene that says 'NoTrigger=0' (we want the scene to only trigger when it's off)
3) In your script, set NoTrigger virtual device to 255 to turn it on
4) Set your other virtual device as normal. Since we set NoTrigger to on in #3, this should cause your scene to not trigger because the condition failed
5) Turn NoTrigger off (set it to a value of 0)