Trane TZEMT400BB32MAA Thermostat

• Last Post 07 July 2014
NickTT posted this 26 March 2014

It is getting the power from the HVAC system. There is no battery. Re-activating the product did not change the "88 Edition".

I see you just published RC 13. Want me to install that one?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ryan-Scott posted this 26 March 2014

I went to rejoin my Trane thermostat to the network because I noticed it wasn't getting temp updates this morning. After I removed it and added it again InControl now thinks it's a DIMMER. When I first set up this device I didn't have to do that, it detected as thermostat correctly. I changed the drop down type to Thermnostat and the values show up correctly in right side but I can no longer control the thermostat as I am not present with the buttons to change the temp in the software or the mobile app. I recently upgraded to 3.96.5186.20148 -88 Edition. When I run auto configure it polls but returns "Unable to retrieve Manufacturer from device. Performing Basic Config"

Could you re-activate your software and see if it changes to something other than "88 Edition" ?

Is your thermostat battery powered? If so, there appears to be a bug that causes commands to be queued up instead of sent to the device. We are working on a fix, but you should be able to set it to "Smart Route Polling" and then right click force poll. After a minute or so your buttons to change the temp should show up.

If you are not battery powered then there may be something else wrong - please let me know your result.

Ryan

It is getting the power from the HVAC system. There is no battery. Re-activating the product did not change the "88 Edition".

Ryan-Scott posted this 26 March 2014

Yes, let's get you to the latest version just to be sure.

On the latest version now and 88 changed to "Pro Edition". Is the Smart Route Polls setting only for battery powered devices? I still don't see buttons and I am still getting the following message when I run Auto Configuration...

"Auto-configuration node 22 Associating device with main controller... Success! Unable to retrieve manufacturer info from device. Performing basic configuration."

This is how it looks: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B101DF3333EDAE3A!1649&authkey=!AHSSsZa9xl-zynU&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.PNG

NickTT posted this 27 March 2014

Got it... I think it's a licensing activation bug. I uninstalled the software and went back to 3.54. When it launched back up, my window switches showed up with a big "?" icon and warning me that they are only supported in the pro version. I tried re-activating the software but it still showed the windows switches are not supported and the thermostat had no buttons. I then upgraded again to the latest version and this time everything showed up correctly and the Thermostat has working buttons. I am now back to normal.

NickTT posted this 27 March 2014

It looks like Device Mirrors don't load up correctly anymore. I just get a blank box. Is this a RC issue or is something else going on?

Matt posted this 27 March 2014

I am having the same odd issues with my Trane thermos, all 3 of them. I tried to reactivate and that seems to have made some progress, but I still have odd behavior. The heating1 and cooling1 values are now editable text boxes but they are stating 0 instead of the actual temp the thermo is set to. Also when the zone is active the value for Auto (Off) never changes to Auto (Heat).

Something definitely screwed up. I also tried removing one of the thermos from the network and re-adding it. That didn't help.

Ryan-Scott posted this 27 March 2014

It looks like Device Mirrors don't load up correctly anymore. I just get a blank box. Is this a RC issue or is something else going on?

Are you still showing the "88" edition in the title bar? If so, I think that may be the problem with the mirror list. If you are seeing "88", can you remind me which version you are actually using at the moment?

Ryan-Scott posted this 27 March 2014

I am having the same odd issues with my Trane thermos, all 3 of them. I tried to reactivate and that seems to have made some progress, but I still have odd behavior. The heating1 and cooling1 values are now editable text boxes but they are stating 0 instead of the actual temp the thermo is set to. Also when the zone is active the value for Auto (Off) never changes to Auto (Heat).

Something definitely screwed up. I also tried removing one of the thermos from the network and re-adding it. That didn't help.

Once you get the editable boxes up, if you do another force poll, does it populate them after a minute or two?

Matt posted this 27 March 2014

It is totally random. Sometimes it will populate with the current temp, but will only do it once. If I change the temp at the thermo it never updates, although the heating1 read only field does update. Most of the time the editable box is either 0 or never even shows up. If I restart the service it the editable box is gone.

Matt posted this 28 March 2014

I finally got it to work properly. My Trane thermostats are powered via the oil burner. I performed the tried and true "reboot" method by flicking the emergency burner shutoff switch off and then back on. That caused the thermostats to lose power and then reboot.

Voila the thermostats are now working as expected! Not sure what caused them to get out of "whack" but at least I now know the quick fix.

NickTT posted this 29 March 2014

Mine started working too. However it still says its off even though the fan is running.

MikeD99 posted this 07 April 2014

I have two of the same thermostats. Both read the fan status correctly WHEN THE FAN IS SET TO ON from auto. Only one reads the fan status correctly when the fan is on auto and the heat is on.

I am going to try the power up boot (turning off the furnace power)!

Let me know if you find out anything more.

Mike D.

Matt posted this 07 April 2014

Ryan is aware that the fan/auto issue is a bug with the RC version and he was working on a fix.

NickTT posted this 08 April 2014

Does anyone know if the filter replacement alarm is actually reported via ZWave?

Matt posted this 09 April 2014

I have verified that version 3.99 RC fixes the Fan status issue. When my zone turns on it updates correctly in the UI.

NickTT posted this 09 April 2014

Mine still shows as off post upgrade to 3.99.

NickTT posted this 09 April 2014

I see the iPhone app is displaying the wrong "off" status. The mode is changing from auto to off instread of the system activity changing to off.

jschiesser posted this 04 July 2014

I bought two of these and they appear differently in incontrol, one seems to display a lot of parameters the other just heat1/cool1 they look like they have different firmware? Trane TZEMT400BB3 Any ideas on what might be causing the display differences. They have all the same random display issues as noted in this thread....

Ryan-Scott posted this 04 July 2014

I bought two of these and they appear differently in incontrol, one seems to display a lot of parameters the other just heat1/cool1 they look like they have different firmware? Trane TZEMT400BB3 Any ideas on what might be causing the display differences. They have all the same random display issues as noted in this thread....

I'm actually wondering if it's related to the error you posted in the other thread. I'll release an update shortly that fixes that error (it'll be version 3.124). I will post to the first thread you submitted when I have that update ready.

Show More Posts
Close