Windows 10

• Last Post 19 October 2015
tnamey posted this 22 July 2015

I upgraded my IC PC to windows 10 this weekend. Everything went fine and is working without issue. I did unplug the z-stick before doing the upgrade as someone suggested. Don't know if that helped.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
weidnerj posted this 26 July 2015

So the windows 10 update is around the corner. Should we hold off or is it alright to update our IC computers?

tnamey,

I would be cautious when upgrading to Windows 10. I would have said before upgrading, oh it is an upgrade, Windows 10 is still a Windows product but took the plunge last night and upgraded my ICHA PC from Windows 8.1 Home 8.1 X64 to Windows 10. After I did, ICHA stopped working. Then the panic started...

The symptom was that ICHA would painfully slowly populate the main screen, 5 to 10 minutes to do what would take 5 to 10 seconds. Then clicking on a device wouldn't turn it on or off.

I removed and reinstalled the USB AEON Labs Zwave controller drivers, that didn't help. I uninstalled and reinstalled IHCA that didn't work, also turning on and off the ICHA service didn't resolve the issue.

I was about to reset the controller and start from scratch, but decided to try one last thing before using the ultimate reset, which was to put the USB AOEN Labs Zwavce USB device into a different USB port. Once I did that, everything started working like it should.

Now... Maybe I should have done things a little differently. Maybe I should have stopped the ICHA service and / or removed the USB dongle prior to upgrading and once it finished upgrading then plugged the dongle back in and restart the service? Or maybe I just was unlucky, etc.

bmachia posted this 31 August 2015

Now that Windows10 has been out for a month, has anyone upgraded and how did it work with InControlHA?

Thx
Bill

DarkStar posted this 07 September 2015

I've been using Win 10 for some months with no impact on the operation of ICHA. I think it is a bit more responsive than before.

J.

Axial-User posted this 16 September 2015

Running Windows 10 my scheduled items are not working. Service is running and I can manually turn on and off from the desktop app as well as my mobile iPhone app.

weidnerj posted this 16 September 2015

Running Windows 10 my scheduled items are not working. Service is running and I can manually turn on and off from the desktop app as well as my mobile iPhone app.

Try to move the USB stick to a differnt USB port and reboot???? Can't hurt and just might help. I know that after I upgraded to 10 that I had to do that before it would work.

pwhitted posted this 04 October 2015

I just completely rebuilt my PC and reinstalled ICHA 4.0.5640.36169. I don't see that the service installed. Anyone else heard of this? Have a recommendation for how I overcome it?

rscott posted this 06 October 2015

I just completely rebuilt my PC and reinstalled ICHA 4.0.5640.36169. I don't see that the service installed. Anyone else heard of this? Have a recommendation for how I overcome it?

It doesn't install by default. You would need to go to tools/options to enable it to run as a service.

You can also manually install the service by opening up an admin cmd prompt and going to your InControl folder, then typing mls.zwave.service.exe /install

tnamey posted this 19 October 2015

I upgraded my IC PC to windows 10 this weekend. Everything went fine and is working without issue. I did unplug the z-stick before doing the upgrade as someone suggested. Don't know if that helped.

Close