1) CPU Utilization and 2) DIsable Cloud?

• Last Post 02 February 2014
catboxer posted this 01 February 2014

The most frequent reason for high cpu utilization is overly aggressive rules or triggers. Have you made sure nothing is repeating every second or faster?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
rscott posted this 01 February 2014

The most frequent reason for high cpu utilization is overly aggressive rules or triggers. Have you made sure nothing is repeating every second or faster?

I disabled all scenes and have no triggers, Incontrol is still running at 25%. Which is basically 100% on a 4 core machine.

Restarting the process and program seems to have fixed it. What about the cloud? I don't like the idea of this info going through another server if it's not necessary. I understand it's useful for non-power users, but there should be an option for only direct connect.

rscott posted this 01 February 2014

Which process is taking up the cpu time? InControl has two?

Which process is taking up the cpu time? InControl has two?

It was the background zwave service.

catboxer posted this 02 February 2014

It's back running at 25%. This is observed with the GUI closed and running as a service running 3.88. No scenes or rules are running. 2.6Ghz Intel Core2-Quad CPU.

monkey-magic posted this 02 February 2014

Doesn't help but I've watched mine with GUI open and closed and I'm not noticing it.

Mine is on minimal usage.

Josh

catboxer posted this 02 February 2014

When I click Rules, Rule Data, and then any data field the program hangs for a good 20-30 seconds. Sometimes it lets me continue modifying the rule, and other times it says cannot communicate with server. I have to kill both the program and the service before it will work again. Maybe it's related to the high CPU utilization. I'm going to go back to the last non-alpha version and see if its better.

Close