GE Z-Wave Control Remote SKU: 45600 Help

• Last Post 10 September 2014
Axial-User posted this 21 January 2014

I have one of these: GE Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control Remote SKU: 45600

Can you give me some advice on how to intgrate it into my InControl system. (I use an AEOTEC USB controller).

Thanks!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Axial-User posted this 14 March 2014

I would also like to know how to integrate an LG controller. I have the handheld remote but cannot find any way to add it to incontrol. Does incontrol not support secondary controllers? what gives?

tnamey posted this 14 March 2014

Are you asking about the GE Z-Wave Wireless Keypad Controller SKU: 45631? I bought one of these and then sold it right away. The instructions it comes with are very clear about adding it as a secondary controller. Once that's done you will go to each switch/devise and add them to scenes/groups within the remote. Directs are easy to follow for adding switches/devices. Now to the reason I got rid of mine. This only works with nodes up to 32. Each device and switch is a node. If you have any switches with node IDs above 32 it won't control them. Maybe not an issue for you, but something to be aware of.

Axial-User posted this 16 March 2014

Silly me. Just realized the remote I have is actually GE.

This model

I can add it to the incontrol system, but it just adds it as another controller. I can't figure out anyway to actually assign keypad buttons to scene's or anything like that. Very disappointing, as the remote works great by itself with other z wave devices and is very very handy to have on the coffee table. but I just can't figure out how to get it to work with incontrol software.

Axial-User posted this 02 April 2014

I also am looking for a way to use this with InControl.

The other user (sean.e.hayden@gmail.com) said that he was able to get the remote to show up as a controller in InControl. Can you please inform us on how you did this?

Also how do you share the network info from InControl with the 45600?
- I am thinking that if I share the network info to the remote then maybe I can add the light I want to control directly to it.

I am using the DSA02203-ZWUS USB with my InControl for all my devices.

Axial-User posted this 06 September 2014

I have the same question ... has anyone figured this out yet?

weidnerj posted this 06 September 2014

Honestly don't think they work with Incontrol HA. I have one that I contacted GE and they sent me out a replacement because it didn't work. Got it to work as a master without any problems, and have several Intermatics that work fine.

If you do the all on or all off on the 45600 device, it works, but to associate a button with a device, no such luck. But from what I read, this isn't just a Incontrol HA issue

Axial-User posted this 10 September 2014

Thanks for the update, it is appreciated.

Close